NEWBERG EMERGING FRIENDS CHURCH
CHILDREN’S MINISTRIES COORDINATOR
As an open and affirming Christ-following Quaker Community,
we recognize that all persons are equal before God,
called to worship, serve and grow together.
All are loved and welcome here.
Newberg Emerging Friends Church is moving into our third year as a community. We have had time to establish some foundations, vision, and values together. We view our children as a vital part of our community. We desire that they have opportunities to know and experience the deep love of God, the living Christ, and community that demonstrates respect and honor for all. This 10 hour a week coordinator role will be part leading, part recruiting, part administrative, and part encouraging others. We are looking for an individual who has passion for Christ, a heart for children, strong leadership ability, and willingness to be a team player. The timeframe will be from August, 2019 through the end of June, 2020 with the possibility of an annual renewal.
PURPOSE: To serve the church by providing leadership to the children’s ministries of Newberg Emerging Friends, empowering individuals and groups, caring for children (infant-5th grade), and coordinating children’s ministry.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Coordinate our children ministries teams for Sunday evenings. Support, encourage, and coordinate the teams of volunteers who lead each week.
– Lead children ministries on Sunday evenings as part of the team rotation.
– Seek out, encourage, and provide opportunities for new children ministry leaders.
– Spend time developing relational connections with children in our NEFC community and the broader community.
– Develop connections with the elementary schools in the area.
– Coordinate and give leadership to our child safety policy with the Youth Pastor and Administrative Assistant.
– Coordinate, schedule, and support childcare workers for Sunday evenings and community events such as Business Meetings.
– Meet with Children’s Advocacy Team once a month.
– Be planning and giving support to Kids Time or other kid specific opportunities during our gathered worship with co-lead pastors.
– Develop mid-week, monthly, or other regular opportunities for children and families.
– Administrate, coordinate, and facilitate outreach opportunities for children and families.
– Oversee, plan, and implement summer programs including camp opportunities.
– Meet for planning, vision, coordination, and encouragement with pastors and other coordinators on a regular basis.
– Demonstrate a life centered on Jesus Christ.
– Align with our values of being Christ-centered and welcoming and affirming.
– Have a passion for ministry with children and families.
– Demonstrated level of preparation for this role (i.e. college degree, skill development, study, ministry experience, other expertise)
– Ability, comfort, and willingness to communicate one-on-one, in small groups, and in larger community settings.
– Skills in planning, leading, and coordinating events.
– Willingness and ability to work as a team player.
– Administrative capabilities of publicity, organizing rotations, planning, coordinating.
– Basic computer knowledge and skills.
ACCOUNTABLE TO: The co-lead pastors.
– July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020 (with the possibility of annual renewal)
– Staff level – 10 hours a week tracking hours with some weekly flexibility depending on tasks (based on 40 hours a month).
– Compensation – $20.00 an hour.